Have you heard of Tutor.com for Military Families?
This is a free program for active duty military families funded by the Department of Defense.
Is your community affected by the COVID-19 pandemic? If so, schools may move or have already moved instruction to a virtual environment and students may have diminished access to learning support and tutoring. Tutor.com for Military Families can help and you aren't alone!
If your schooling and learning support options have been affected by COVID-19, remember—as always—Tutor.com is available to help. Access for free through www.tutor.com/military.
About Tutor.com for Military Families
Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families, funded by the U.S. Department of Defense and Coast Guard Mutual Assistance, is a program that provides on-demand, online tutoring and homework help at no cost to eligible service members and their dependents. With live, expert tutors available 24/7, military-connected students can receive academic help at their moment of need—anywhere they have an internet connection.
- Work with a tutor from any internet-connected device, anywhere in the world
- Connect to an expert tutor available on demand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week*
- Get online tutoring help three ways: request a tutor’s help right now, schedule a future tutoring session, or upload a document for offline review and get comments back within 24 hours
- Use the free Tutor.com app for IOS and Android mobile devices—take a picture of a homework problem and upload it for the tutor to see
All Core Subjects, All Skill Levels
We tutor in more than 50 subjects including math, science, English, business and nursing. For a complete list of subjects that we provide tutoring for, click on a grade level:
- Grades K-12 Subjects
- College and Professional Subjects
Expert Tutors You Can Trust
- Each of our 3,000 tutors is a carefully screened subject matter expert who must complete a rigorous application process and background check
- Tutors include certified teachers, college professors and graduate students from accredited universities, and many are military-affiliated, including military spouses
Safe, Anonymous Learning Environment
- Every tutoring session is anonymous, and takes place in a secure online classroom; we do not offer in-person tutoring
- No personal information is shared between the tutor and the student
Who is eligible?
Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families is funded by the U.S. Department of Defense and Coast Guard Mutual Assistance (CGMA). Those who fund the program determine eligibility for its use. Eligibility can change, and program availability is dependent upon available budget and is not guaranteed.
Who is Eligible to Use Tutor.com/military at No Cost?
- Children (grades K-12) of an active duty service member (including full-time and/or deployed National Guard and Reserve) in the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard
- Children (grades K-12) of KIA and Wounded Warrior service members
- Children (grades K-12) attending schools operated and funded by DoDEA
- Children (grades K-12) of DoD Civilians deployed to CENTCOM AORs (e.g. Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan or Syria)
- Active duty Coast Guard service members, Coast Guard Reservists, and Coast Guard Civilian Employees
- Spouses and children (grades K-college) of active duty Coast Guard service members, Coast Guard Reservists, and Coast Guard Civilian Employees
Continued program availability is dependent upon funding.
DoDEA Non-Military Students
If you attend a school that is operated and funded by the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) and your parent is a U.S. Federal civilian employee, you are now funded by the DoD MWR Library Program to use Tutor.com at no cost. Click the “DoD Civilian” button above to create your account.
If you are a DoDEA educator, you can create a limited trial account to see how Tutor.com works. Complete this form to start your trial access.
Parents have a lot on their plate right now as many are not only working from home, but also helping their children with their virtual learning. Take advantage of all of these free resources available to help during these difficult times. We are all in this together!