September is filled with tons of events both on base and off base in Hampton Roads from the NAS Oceana Air Show to Military Appreciation Events to Commissary Case Lot Sales to Hiring Events and More! Here is a list of 20 events you don't want to miss out on this September in Hampton Roads!
(1) NAS Oceana Air Show September 19-20, 2015
(2) The Boys & Girls Club Kids Day, Fall Festival on Saturday, 19 September from 1-4pm at Fort Eustis Youth Programs. Enjoy FREE bounce houses, crafts, games, treats, prizes, and more! What a FUN day for kiddos.
(3) Commissary Case Lot Sales for September
(4) Blue Star Museums offering FREE admission to museums nationwide ends September 7, 2015. Find a participating museum on MB.
(5) The USO of HRCV and Virginia Zoo Military Appreciation Day September 27, 2015 offering FREE admission for all military members and families.
(6) USO of HRCV and Whisper Concerts Military Concert Series-Sam Hunt in concert at Langley Speedway September 17, 2015. ENTER OUR GIVE AWAY to win 4 FREE tickets to this great concert event.
(7) National Cheese Pizza Day @MyPiPizza | Saturday, September 5
(8) Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K and Mile in the Sand races. 633 active and retired military members will participate in the Half Marathon, 5K and Mile in the Sand races. If you are not a part of the race, learn how you can help cheer these folks on.
(9) MOE'S SOUTHWEST GRILL FREE QUESO DAY 9-17-2015 at all Hampton Roads locations.
(10) Busch Gardens Williamsburg Preschool Pass and Fun Card Extended to September 20, 2015. Last weekend for Star Spangled Nights (ends September 6) and Howl-O-Scream kick off (September 25).
(11) Water Country USA last day of the season is September 7, 2015.
(12) Mariners' Museum and Park: The traveling exhibit Extreme Deep Mission To The Abyss ends September 7th. Their newest exhibit Liquid Light openind August 22, 2015. The Mariners' gallary crawl is set for September 19th, 2015. For one night only, you can get up close and personal with multiple artifacts that have rarely, or possibly never, been on public display!
(13) At The Virginia Living Museum ~ Frogs: A Chorus of Colors exhibit and Late-summer Planetarium Shows ends September 7th. Sept. 19-20 Fall Native Plant Sale
(14) Virginia Brazilian Festival at City Center Oyster Point in Newport News September 19, 2015 from 1-7pm. Plus, specials from our partners at Tucanos Brazilian Restaurant.
(15) Neptune Festival-you don't want to miss this event. This is one of the best festivals in Hampton Roads! Check out the calendar of events from Friday to Sunday Friday, September 25, 2015. You don't want to miss out on the International Sandsculpting Competition, it is amazing!
(16) Kroger to Hold Open Interviews on September 15th, 2015 for Veterans and Their Families
(17) Upcoming Scholarship Sharing Fair September 26 & 27, 2015~Connecting students to resources for funding a higher education. Scholarship Sharing is a nonprofit that was started by President Lorraine SantaLucia who graduated debt free herself. She dedicated has her life to helping other students do the same. There will be a special military section.
(18) Apple picking season is here in and around the Hampton Roads area. Find the best orchards and list from MyActiveChild.com
(19) Fall Festivals for September: you can find a list of other FUN fall festivals in Hampton Roads on MyActiveChild.com
(20) FOOTBALL kicks off September 10th. Be sure to visit our Facebook page or website to learn about all the new and upcoming Football season specials from our restaurant partners.
Other notable mentions for the month of September and October:
#ThePowerof1 can save a life. It’s #SuicidePreventionMonth: Be the 1 in your community to help a #Vet in crisis. Share the #VeteransCrisisLine with your friends and family: http://t.co/HAAdQrOArS
September 11th remembrance