MILITARY APPRECIATION WEEKEND MAY 26-29, 2017!
PLUS, CHECK OUT COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG'S EXCLUSIVE MILITARY DISCOUNTS YEAR-ROUND ON GOLF, LODGING, FOOD, ADMISSION & MORE!
As a tribute to the men and women in the U.S. armed forces, Colonial Williamsburg is offering exclusive discounts to military guests and their families. Explore the Revolutionary City and enjoy special patriotic programming in honor of our nation's armed forces.
Memorial Weekend at Colonial Williamsburg
The historic attraction will offer FREE ADMISSION to military members and their families during Memorial Day weekend. From Friday, May 26, to Monday May 29, active duty military, reservists, retirees, veterans, and their families will receive free admission to the historic attraction. On Monday, there will be a Memorial Day Commemorative Program from 10am-12pm. Gather for a modern service honoring military veterans who died while serving their country. A procession with Fife and Drum support will proceed from the Palace to Bruton Parish Church and the French gravesite. Wreaths will be laid, prayers given, and volleys fired at each stop to honor soldiers of the American Revolution and Civil War interred nearby. Colonial Williamsburg's Honoring Service Program Expands with Year-round Military Admissions Savings Current Military Personnel, Dependents to Qualify for Free Single-day Admission. Learn more about CW Military Discount Program below!
Active duty receive one complimentary admission ticket per year (and as many as three direct dependents).
Retired military and Veterans qualify for 50% discount on Single-day tickets or on Annual Passes for up to five direct dependents.
Enjoy a special respite place in the Historic Area dedicated to active duty, veteran, and retired military and their families.
- $39 golf at the Golden Horseshoe Green Course, Monday - Thursday any time of day.
- $49 golf at the Golden Horseshoe Gold Course, Friday - Sunday after 11 a.m. Includes 18 holes of golf, cart, and greens fees. Valid for up to four people. Call (757) 220-7696 to make a tee time reservation.
- Fall Military Golf Invitational includes 36 holes of golf at the Green Course in November.
Learn more about The Golden Horsesshoe and Leave a Review of your experience on MilitaryBridge!
HONORING SERVICE TO AMERICA
- All active-duty military, reservists, and National Guard personnel receive complimentary Single-day admission for themselves and up to three direct dependents for any day once a year.
- Retired military and veterans qualify for 50 percent off Single-day tickets and up to five Annual Passes.
- Free admission during Memorial Day weekend and Veterans Day weekend to all active-duty military, retired, veterans, reservists, National Guard and their direct dependents.*Active-duty, reservists, National Guard please select one complimentary day per year total, either Memorial Day weekend, Veterans Day weekend, or another day of your choosing.
MILITARY REUNIONS, RETREATS, AND CONFERENCES
- Plan a reunion, retreat, or conference in world-class meeting facilities. Fine dining, award-winning spa treatments, championship golf, color guard at reception, Fifes & Drums escort to tavern dinner. Contact Colonial Williamsburg Meetings at (800) 822-9127.
GOVERNMENT PER DIEM
- A government per diem is available at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites for groups of 10 or more. Based upon availability.
- 10% off price of all Colonial Williamsburg hotel rooms. Based upon availability.
- 10% off food and beverage at Colonial Williamsburg restaurants.
- 10% off Colonial Williamsburg retail products (not combinable with other retail offers).
- 10% off at the Spa of Colonial Williamsburg. Sunday - Thursday only.
- 10% off at the Musket Range for military personnel only, not valid for dependents.
- $1.50 off tickets at the Kimball Theatre. Excludes retro and film festival films.
- Use of the Liberty Lounge, a complimentary space where ticketed Colonial Williamsburg military guests, including active-duty, retired, veterans, and their direct dependents can relax and recharge during their visit to the Historic Area.
- At our educational musket range, guests can learn about and operate replica muskets and fowling guns to compare and contrast period military and civilian firearms. Additional ticket required.
- One of the Historic Area's oldest original structures is the Magazine, where guests interact with members of Colonial Williamsburg's military interpretive staff. Discussions include important events that took place at the Magazine, systems of defense during the colonial period and the role the Magazine had during the 18th century. Outside the Magazine, guests can view musket demonstrations, drills, and various military interpretations.
- An End of Day ceremony in Market Square, which is sure to excite and enthrall all guests.
- The Lock, Stock & Barrel exhibit currently on display at the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg includes guns from the Dunmore Cabinet owned by the last royal governor of Virginia. The full collection includes hundreds of pieces of arms and military memorabilia representing items a period soldier carried and used, from unit-marked uniform buttons to cannons and a genera's uniform coat of the variety worn during the Siege of Yorktown.
- A Memorial Day Commemorative Program procession with the Fifes & Drums from the Governor's Palace to the Bruton Parish Church and the French gravesite. Volleys are fired to honor soldiers from the American Revolution and the Civil War interred nearby.
- A Veterans Day Military March Honoring America's Veterans is an afternoon march and ceremony honoring America's veterans that features the Colonial Williamsburg Fifes & Drums, Military Programs staff, and area veterans groups. Commemorative service is held behind the Courthouse after the march.
Learn more about Colonial Williamsburg and Leave a Review on your experience on MilitaryBridge!