The 2021-2022 program is open! Submit your application ONLINE no later than February 17, 2021.
Now entering its 21st year, Fisher House Foundation's program was created to recognize the contributions of military families to the readiness of the fighting force and to celebrate the role of the commissary in the military family community. The Scholarships for Military Children Program for the 2021-22 school year application process is now open!
For scholarship year 2021-22, Fisher House Foundation will award 500 scholarship grants of $2,000 each. The selection process will begin immediately following receipt of all applications in February. There will be at least one recipient selected at every commissary location where qualified applications are received, and additional recipients will be selected based on a prorate basis, so more applicants will be selected from those commissaries with larger numbers of applicants.
Who Can Apply for a Scholarship
Only students who possess a valid (not expired) U.S. Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (DD Form 1173) and whose parent(s) are serving, or have served, in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard may apply for a scholarship.*
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree or a community/junior college designed to allow for a direct transfer into a four-year program.
- High school applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis).
- College applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. College freshmen must submit a first semester college transcript.
- Applicants or sponsors do not need to live at an installation with a commissary – simply select the commissary where you shop or the one nearest to you.
How to Apply
The 2021 program is now open. Applications must be submitted online by February 17th.
An application to the Scholarships for Military Children Program is now submitted online. To get started, you will create an account with your email address and a password (8 characters or longer with at least one number and one special character).
- An application will include the following that is submitted online:
All tabs of the form must be completed before final submission. A green checkmark indicates the tab is complete.
- A short, 500-word essay
- High school applicants: transcript indicating a minimum cumulative
GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
- College applicants: transcript indicating a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
- Applicants must validate their eligibility as a military dependent by entering the benefits number found on the reverse of the DD Form 1173 Identification Privilege Card.
Helpful hint! You can save your application and log back in as many times as needed to make changes, finish and submit.
Grab all the details about this scholarship oppportunity on the link below!
Applications must be submitted by midnight PST (Pacific Standard Time) on February 17, 2021.
The Selection Process
Recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Participation in school, community and volunteer activities
- Work experience
- An Essay
Learn more about Fisher House Foundation
Fisher House Launches A Scholarship Search Tool For Military Families Making It Easier To Learn About Thousands of Scholarship Opportunities