Nothing says "I love you" like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. As you probably would suspect, a lot of flowers are sold on Valentine's Day. In fact, approximately 224 million roses are grown for Valentine's Day alone. What is even more astounding is cut flowers account for nearly $2 billion dollars spent annually for Valentine's Day.
According to statistics, men are the biggest purchasers of flowers for Valentine's Day at 73%. As a military spouse, there were many occasions that my husband and I spent Valentine's Day apart. In general, we never planned anything to elaborate for Valentine's but we always made a point to have a special meal and exchange sappy cards. My husband has always given me a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day whether he is home or not. For me, it is the perfect gift!
I am excited to partner with FTD this upcoming Valentine's Day to help other military couples celebrate the big day with special savings on flowers and gifts from FTD. I also am sharing my favorite floral arrangements and gift boxes below if you are looking for suggestions.
A couple tips when picking out the perfect bouquet for your loved one:
- Pick a bouquet that incorporates your loved ones favorite flower. For me, I love lilies because of their sweet smell. I also love an array of bright colors. A bouquet that combines these two traits is perfect for me.
- You really can't go wrong with roses. Red roses are the number one seller and for good reason on Valentine's Day. Red symbolizes love and romance. Roses smell wonderful and are long-lasting.
- Pick a rose or carnation based on color and meaning. For example, red symbolizes love but other colors have special meaning as well. Here are some to consider: Pink-sweetness, affection, friendship; Yellow-cheerfulness, joy, friendship; White-purity, innocence.
FTD MILITARY DISCOUNT
FTD would like to show their appreciation for the men and women of the United States Armed Forces in offering a special discount this Valentine's Day. Whether you are able to enjoy Valentine's Day at home with your loved one or sending your love in the mail due to deployment, FTD would like to offer a 10% military discount available on MilitaryBridge.
In order to use these special savings, please click on the link below and your 10% off will be automatically included in the price.
Please be aware that Military Bridge participates in affiliate programs therefore we may receive a small commission when you make purchases from our links, helping us continue to bring you awesome military deals.
In order to receive your military discount off the items in our featured graphic. Click on the link above to receive the automatic military savings. After you do that, you can search the names of the products above to ensure you will receive your savings.
Featured Flowers & Gifts listed above:
- Always You Luxury Bouquet
- Heart You Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Hot Godiva Treats Tower
- I Heart You Bamboo Plant
- Candy Hearts Bouquet
- Meant to be Bouquet and Homesick Candle
- Spa Day at Home Gift Set
- Love Hearts Belgian Chocolate Dipped Cake and Oreo Cookie Pops
- Long Stem Red Rose Bouquet
We hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and that you are able to spend it with the one you love. For those going through deployment and missing your loved one this Valentine's Day, we are thinking of you. It's not easy to be apart during important holidays and celebrations. May you be able to celebrate soon!