Time to start planning your next vacation! We have some exciting news to share that will help you SAVE on your next getaway.
The DOD has partnered with Priceline to create a new online travel booking site offering best travel deals possible for the Military Community. The new website launched on January 22, 2019.
American Forces Travel℠ is committed to providing high-quality and best value travel services to patrons affiliated with the Department of Defense as a way to thank them for their service and dedication to our country.
About this New Initiative
American Forces Travel℠ is a new Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) program arising out of a joint service initiative combining the efforts of each of the five branches of service (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard) and MWR and Resale Policy.
Because the Internet is now the most popular way to research and book travel, the branches of Service chose to evolve their travel offering. The Services have contracted with a world leader in travel, Priceline®, to deliver high value travel benefits to the U.S. military community. American Forces Travel℠ will transform the way MWR provides online leisure services to our Service members and families, empowering them to revitalize, reconnect, be well, and most importantly, mission-ready. In addition to dramatically enhancing quality of life for the military community, American Forces Travel℠ will inject critical revenue into MWR programs by providing commissions from every booking made.
Awarding the no-cost contract to Priceline® is a major milestone for the Services and a testament to their collaborative and transformative efforts. While there are many for-profit online leisure travel offerings marketing to the military today, American Forces Travel is the only official joint service owned online leisure travel program.
Authorized Patrons Today:
- All current Active Duty military (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard)
- All members of the Reserve components and National Guard
- All Retired Military, including those in the Reserves and National Guard who are retirement eligible
- All Medal of Honor recipients and 100% disabled veterans
- All Department of Defense civilians serving outside the United States, including appropriated funds (APF) employees and non-appropriated funds (NAF) employees
- American Red Cross and United Service Organizations (USO) paid-personnel currently serving outside the United States
- All eligible family members who are officially sponsored (ID card holder) by patrons in the above categories
Eligible Authorized Patrons Coming Soon:
- All Department of Defense civilians serving within the United States, including appropriated funds employees and non-appropriated funds employees
- All Coast Guard and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) civilians in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), including appropriated and non-appropriated fund employees
- Coast Guard Auxiliary
The on-line eligibility verification process for stateside civilians and Coast Guard Auxiliary is still being developed. In the meantime, we invite civilians to contact their MWR ticket and travel office. As eligible patrons, agents will be able to assist you with your travel needs allowing you to take advantage of the AFT deals as well.
American Forces Travel℠ Benefits
- Hotels, Flights, Cars, Packages, & Cruises
- AFT savings up to 60% on hotels
- All flights cancelable within 24 hours
- 24/7 customer support available
REASONS TO VERIFY ELIGIBILITY
- Access to over 1.2 million properties in more than 71,000 destinations worldwide
- DOD dedicated helpdesk line 24/7/365
- Save up to 60% off Hotels
- One stop shop for all your travel needs
Get started and check out American Forces Travel!